- JUST FOR POSITION DO NOT DELETE
In the Ming dynasty (1368-1644), the Palace of Eternal Longevity (Yongshou gong) was the residence of the Empress. The Chongzhen Emperor (1628-1644) once moved here to fast as a penance to Heaven because of frequent natural disasters.
The Hall of Imperial Supremacy (Huangji dian) is the main hall in the area of Palace of Tranquil Longevity (Ningshou gong), which the Qianlong Emperor (r. 1736-1795) built for spending his years after his retirement.
The Gate of Heaven's Primacy (Tianyi men) is located inside the Imperial Garden (Yuhua yuan) as the south gate of the Hall of Imperial Peace (Qin'an dian).
Built by Ming (1368-1644) rulers, the Hall of Imperial Peace (Qin'an dian) is located in the center of the Imperial Garden in the north of the Forbidden City.
The Gate of Blending Harmony (Xiehe men) is in the center of the corridor of buildings that define the east side of the square of the Gate of the Supreme Harmony (Taihe men).
The Belvedere of Embodying Benevolence (Tiren ge) was at first named "Civil Pavilion” (Wen lou). The current name was given by the Qing rulers inspired from the ancient classic Book of Changes (Yi jing).
The Gate of Glorious Harmony (Xihe men) is in the center of the corridor rooms to the southwest of the Gate of Supreme Harmony (Taihe men).
North of the Hall of Union (Jiaotai dian), the Palace of Earthly Tranquility (Kunning gong) was built for the chief consort of the emperor.
The Palace of Accumulated Purity was built in the Ming dynasty and rebuilt in 1655. The Qing dynasty Xianfeng Emperor (r. 1851-1861) once lived here with his mother in his childhood.
The Meridian Gate, more commonly known as Five-phoenix Tower (Wufeng lou) because of the five pavilions on top, is the southern entrance to the imperial palace.