- JUST FOR POSITION DO NOT DELETE
The Gate of Tranquil Longevity (Ningshou men) is located to the north of the Gate of Imperial Supremacy (Huangji men) and is the second entrance for the area of
In the Pavilion of the Purification Ceremony (Xishang ting), there is a twinsting water channel measuring twenty-seven metres long.
The Palace of Gathered Elegance (Chuxiu gong) is located in the northeast of the Six Western Palaces. Notable among the consorts who lived here throughout the Ming and Qing dynasties was the Empress Dowager Cixi.
The Hall of Manifest Origin (Tiyuan dian) was established on the sites of the Gate of Eternal Spring (Changchun gong) and the former rear part of the Hall of Supreme Principle (Taiji dian).
The originally nameless well can be found in the north end of the Palace of Tranquil Longevity (Ningshou gong), close to the Gate of Loyalty and Obedience (Zhenshun men).
Initially built during the Qianlong reign (1736-1795), the Gate of Steadfast Loyalty (Zhenshun men) sits in the north end of the Palace of Tranquil Longevity (
This hall was the provisional pesidence of empress while the emperor lived in the Hall of Mental Cultivation (Yangxin dian).
Built in 1417, the Palace of Earthly Honor (Yikun gong) was originally named Palace of Myriad Peace (Wan'an gong), and called the present name during the Ming Jiajing reign (1522-1566).
The Shrine to The Four Deities (Sishen ci) can be found east to the Hall of Imperial Peace (Qin'an dian). Constructed in 1536, the fifteenth year of Jiajing reign (1522-1566), the shrine housed the spirit of The Four Deities of Daoist teaching.
The Hall of Supreme Harmony (Taihe dian) is the most dignified building in the Forbidden City, and is commonly referred to as the Hall of Golden Chimes (Jinluan dian).