- JUST FOR POSITION DO NOT DELETE
The Hall of Original Benevolence (Benren dian) is located to the east of the Hall of Literary Brilliance (Wenhua dian). Serving as the courtyard’s east side-ha
The Gate of Longevity and Health (Shoukang men) is the front entrance of the Palace of Longevity and Health (Shoukang gong). Built contemporaneously with the pa
The Pavilion over a Pond (Linxi ting, lit. “Pavilion Near a Stream”) is one of the main architectural features of the garden of the Palace of Compas
The Gate of Compassion and Tranquility (Cining men) is the main entrance to the Palace of Compassion and Tranquility (Cining gong) in the western sector of the
Located to the north of the Gate of Supreme Harmony (Taihe men), the Grand Courtyard of the Hall of Supreme Harmony covers an impressive 30,000 square meters. T
The Palace of Longevity and Health was ordered by Qianlong Emperor to be built for his mother, Empress Dowager Chongqing. Since then it became the palace exclusively reserved for empress dowagers.
Situated to the south of the Palace of Benevolent Tranquility and the Palace of Longevity and Health (Shoukang Gong), the Garden of Benevolent Tranquility was a place where empress dowagers and imperial dowager consorts worshiped the Buddha, entertained themselves, and rested.
The Palace of Benevolent Tranquility (Cining gong), first built in 1536 in the west of the Forbidden City, was the palatial residence especially built for Empress Dowager Jiang at the order of the Jiajing Emperor (r. 1522-1566).
The Hall of Mental Cultivation (Yangxin dian) was built in 1537 and rebuilt during the Qing emperor Yongzheng's reign (1723-1735).
The Gate of Conferring Blessings (Xiqing men) is the southwest gate for the Palace of Tranquil Longevity (Ningshou gong) compound.