- JUST FOR POSITION DO NOT DELETE
The Belvedere of Embodying Benevolence (Tiren ge) was at first named "Civil Pavilion” (Wen lou). The current name was given by the Qing rulers inspired from the ancient classic Book of Changes (Yi jing). Standing southeast to the Hall of Supreme Harmony (Taihe dian), the present building is datable to the Qianlong reign (1736-1795).
The Kangxi Emperor (r. 1662-1722) held poetry contests here to select learned man from the candidates recommended by ministers. Since the Qianlong reign, the Belvedere has been used as a storehouse for textiles of the Imperial Household Department.