- JUST FOR POSITION DO NOT DELETE
The institute’s duties and functions are:
1. Provide a platform for collaborative research among Chinese and international scholars that aim at deeper understandings of traditional Chinese culture.
2. Facilitate academic exchange with Chinese and international experts on conservation, and improve the restoration, conservation, replication, display, and management of paintings and calligraphy.
3. Promote the Museum’s collection and pieces preserved in the Qing palace collection, including paintings, calligraphy, and rubbings.
Institute of Painting and Calligraphy is one of the six recently launched institutes. Its short term research schedule is as follows:
1. Conduct collaborative research with the School of Liberal Arts, China Central Academy of Fine Arts on the editing and publication of the manuscripts of Mr. Liu Jiu’an.
2. Prepare academic workshops, lectures, and training in accordance with exhibitions on various Ming and Qing dynasty calligraphers, calligraphy by empresses, imperial paintings and calligraphy, Daoist and Buddhist paintings in the Palace Museum Collection, versions of Exemplary Ink Rubbings of the Chunhua Reign (Chunhua getie), and various works of Qing dynasty calligraphy.
This institute is affiliated with the Department of Paintings and Calligraphy.
Director: Zeng Jun