Home > Collections > Architecture > Architecture

Palace of Earthly Honor (Yikun gong)

LargeMediumSmallPrinter
< 1 2 >

Built in 1417, the Palace of Earthly Honor (Yikun gong) was originally named Palace of Myriad Peace (Wan'an gong), and called the present name during the Ming Jiajing reign (1522-1566). It was the residence of emperesses and concubines in the Ming and Qing dynasties.
  On grant ceremonies,empress dowager Cixi would receive respects here from imperial concubines.On her fiftieth birthday in 1884,the empress dowager Cixi once received congratulations from courtiers here.

Temporary Closure

Recommended Tours

© The Palace Museum|SITE MAP|IMAGE SERVICES|CONTACT US|PRIVACY POLICY|TERMS & CONDITIONS
About the
Palace Museum
|中文|青少|