- JUST FOR POSITION DO NOT DELETE
The Palace Museum started its routine preservation of the Gate of Supreme Harmony (Taihe men), the Hall of Supreme Harmony (Taihe dian) and the Hall of Central Harmony (Zhonghe dian) on 25 March 2013.
General interim security measures will be adjusted and improved upon their implementation during the Qingming Festival holiday so they can be further used during peak hours.
The Palace Museum announces the temporary closure of the exhibition White and Serene: Selected Ding Ware from the Palace Museum Collection at the Palace of Prolonging Happiness (Yanxi gong) for one day.
During the Spring Festival holiday, on 9th and 10th February 2013, the hours of the Palace Museum will be shortened.
The exhibition "Selected Folding Fan Faces of the Ming and the Qing Dynasties (1368-1911)" inaugurated on 30 November at the Palace Museum Center for Calligraphy and Painting Research in the Palace of Prolonging Happiness (Yanxi gong).
The Palace Museum will close every Monday afternoon during the off season of the year 2013 in order to provide further protection to the Forbidden City as the world's cultural heritage site.
Earlier Hours The Museum will open one hour earlier at 7:30 from 30 September to 4 October.
The Palace Museum announces the temporary closure of the performance area and the nearby "Setting View of Clocks" in the Hall of Clocks from 21 August to 4 September 2012.
The exhibition "Underglaze Polychrome Porcelain from the Liling Kiln of Hunan Province" opened on 28 June, 2012 at the Hall for Abstinence (Zhai gong) and the Hall of Sincere Solemnity (Chengsu dian).
The exhibition opens to the public at the Palace of Prolonging Happiness (Yanxi gong) on 28 June and lasts four months until 12 November.