- JUST FOR POSITION DO NOT DELETE
With the 2017 National Day holiday (1-8 October) approaching, please refer to following suggestions for a better visiting experience:
1. Based on the visitors flow statistics the Museum gathered, it is more comfortable to avoid coming to the Museum during the rush hours between 10 am and 1 pm;
2. The Museum imposes a daily quota of 80,000 visitors, ticket counters may close any time the quota is reached. Individual visitors are encouraged to book admission tickets online in advance of their intended day of visit. Please click here for detailed information;
3. Aside from the permanent exhibitions, abundant special exhibitions such as Paintings and Calligraphic Works of Zhao Mengfu at the Hall of Martial Valor (Wuying dian), A Panorama of Rivers and Mountains: Blue–green Landscape Paintings from across Chinese History at the Meridian Gate (Wu men), the Gallery of Qing Imperial Opera at the Belvedere of Pleasant Sounds (Changyin ge), and the Hall for Viewing Opera (Yueshi lou), Eternal Abundance from Heaven: Auspicious Deer Artifacts at the Palace Museum at the Palace of Eternal Longevity (Yongshou gong), with deer roaming the Garden of the Palace of Compassion and Benevolence (Cining gong huayuan), Princess Sissi and Hungary: Aristocratic Life in 17th–19th Century Hungary at the Gate of Divine Prowess (Shenwu men), and Imperial Porcelains from the Reigns of Hongzhi and Zhengde in the Ming Dynasty: A Comparison of Porcelains from the Imperial Kiln Site at Jingdezhen and Imperial Collection of the Palace Museum at the Hall for Abstinence (Zhai gong) and the Hall of Sincere Solemnity (Chengsu dian) are all open for visitors.
4. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on the premises of the Forbidden City. Lighters are not allowed into the Museum. Bring along dangerous and forbidden materials including but not limited to flammable or explosives can cause serious delays during security check at the entrance;
5. Please use licensed tour guide and tourist agencies and beware of tourist scams and rip-offs;
6. Do not scratch graffiti, litter, climb over the fences;
7. To file an official complaint, please call (8610)85007027, for on-site first aid services: (8610)85007120.