- JUST FOR POSITION DO NOT DELETE
The institute’s duties and functions are:
1. Rest on the core value that the replication and imitation techniques of traditional Chinese paintings are an intangible cultural heritage; continue, preserve, and develop these techniques.
2. Research painting techniques, representation methods, pigment composition, and craftsmanship, and attempt to preserve, restore, and advance the expertise of these categories. The institute seeks to study the nuances of painting techniques of traditional Chinese paintings from multiple perspectives.
The Institute for the Study of Traditional Chinese Painting is one of the six recently launched institutes. Its short term research schedule is as follows:
1. Compile the book entitled on techniques of imitating traditional Chinese paintings (Guhua linmo jifa).
2. Edit and publish the new edition of the Manual of the Mustard Seed Garden (Gugong xinbian jiezi yuan huapu).
3. Organize and study the imitation works composed by artists of the Traditional Chinese Painting Studio (Guohua yanjiuguan) of the Gallery of Ancient Relics (Guwu chenliesuo)
4. Visit and exchange ideas with art institutions in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and around the world.
This institute is affiliated with the Administrative Office.
Director: Jiang Wei