- JUST FOR POSITION DO NOT DELETE
The institute’s duties and functions are:
1. Conduct research on the Palace Museum’s architecture and surrounding environment with emphasis on their historical background, artistic features, and ancient building techniques.
2. For each building and the architectural complex in which it is located, take relevant measurements, publish scientific data, and collect information from historical documents.
3. Analyze archives concerning the building techniques of Qing dynasty palaces. Discover, investigate, and document the various materials and building techniques used within the Forbidden City.
4. Document and research architectural conservation projects at the Palace Museum.
This institute is affiliated with the Department of Ancient Architecture.
Director: Jin Hongkui